Thursday, 3 August 2017

PBI in 28mm

Hi there, long time, no post.

It has got to be said that over the last few months I have seriously thought about knocking this blog on the head but, slowly but surely, I am getting my mojo back.

This is started way back in February when I picked up a rather nasty little virus which laid me low for two weeks and I then spent the next five weeks feeling very fatigues and lacking in motivation. I did manage to get to Salute; completely missed the bloggers' meet up, though thinking I would soon get back into the blogging bit. Then life seemed to just get in the way; what with end of season rugby, Lions Tour to New Zealand and the fact that we actually did have a bit of a summer, which sadly appears to have gone awol at the moment. Just when I was beginning to think about restarting the blog, I got knocked off my bike! All is well again now, however, and barring accidents, acts of God, should be more regular.

Anyway, I have decided to make a games table for PBI WWII rules by Peter Pig. As anybody knows, this is a grid based game using 6 inch squares designed for 15mm figures. However, at my age, I cannot see them very well so I am doing square foot terrain and 28mm figures.

I went down the local wood yard and got 10mm ply cut into two foot squares. Then off to local fabric land to purchase 3 metres of teddybear fur. A bit of shaving, cutting and pasting followed. I have ended up with this: ...


 The great British summer was not helping as it turned out to be a bit of a mixed bag of a day.


As you can see from the picture to the right, the sun eventually turned up and helped dry out the boards.










Eventually, after everything had dried out and been thoroughly brushed, I managed to set it all up in the summer house/game shed.




I now have 6 foot by 10 foot of games table. I just have to come up with a way of discreetly marking the squares. I put on a few bits of terrain just to give a rough idea of what a game layout would look like.




When the table is more heavily populated with terrain, it should look much better. On that front, I have put together a couple of building squares which have been sitting under the bed for at least a year. This will be an ongoing project.





Next Monday, we have a multi-player game of Lion Rampant. Hope to remember to take some pictures, instead of merely swearing at the dice gods.

'til next time ...